This document refers to personal data, which is defined as information concerning any living person (a natural person who hereafter will be called the Data Subject) that is not already in the public domain.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) seeks to protect and enhance the rights of data subjects. These rights cover the safeguarding of personal data, protection against the unlawful processing of personal data and the unrestricted movement of personal data within the EU. It should be noted that GDPR does not apply to information already in the public domain.
Tweed in the Valley is pleased to provide the following Privacy Notice:
Tweed in the Valley uses the information collected from you to provide shipment, order details, sales, marketing, and any quotations, make telephone contact and to email you marketing information which Tweed in the Valley believes may be of interest to you and your business. In your making initial contact you consent to Tweed in the Valley maintaining a marketing dialogue with you until you either opt out (which you can do at any stage) or we decide to desist in promoting our services. Tweed in the Valley also acts on behalf of its clients in the capacity of data processor Tweed in the Valley will be acting on the instruction of its client, and will work hard to ensure that the client is fully GDPR compliant.
Some personal data may be collected about you from the forms and surveys you complete, from records of our correspondence and phone calls and details of your visits to our website, including but not limited to personally identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. Tweed in the Valley may from time to time use such information to identify its visitor’s tweedinthevalley.com and may also collect statistics about the behaviour of visitors to its website.
We may use your personal data:
– to provide you with a customer account, including to make future ordering on our Site more efficient for you;
– to ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
– to customise and optimise the mobile version of our Site;
– to contact you where you have requested information from us or have reported a problem with our Site; and
– to notify you about changes to our products and services.
Any information Tweed in the Valley holds about you and your business encompasses all the details we hold about you and any sales transactions including any third-party information we have obtained about you from public sources and our own suppliers such as credit referencing agencies.
Tweed in the Valley will only collect the information needed so that it can provide you with sales, orders, marketing and relevant services, this company does not sell or broker your data, although coincidentally there may be times when your information could be contained in data that that Tweed in the Valley has purchased from a third-party list broker, on behalf of a client.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING ANY PERSONAL DATA
To meet Tweed in the Valley’s contractual obligations to clients and to also respond to marketing enquiries, purchases, sales enquiries and offered services.
Using Your Information
– To process your orders
– We use your personal data to process your orders and payments for goods and/or services and to deliver and/or provide those goods and services to you.
Security and Payment Processing
All payment processing is handled on our behalf by a third party which uses the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). PCI DSS is a mandatory compliance standard for all payment service providers which enforces high levels of security in all areas where cardholder data is transmitted or stored. Strong protections such as encryption, intrusion detection and response, formalised policies and standards and security-aware development methodologies are utilised by our third party payment processing provider as part of its PCI DSS compliance.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and no security measures can guarantee the protection of your personal data. Although we use various technical and organisational measures designed to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee its security; any transmission is at your own risk.
Never send your bank or credit card details to us by email or other than by the form on our Site which requests payment details. Please note that email is not encrypted and is not considered a secure means of transmitting credit card numbers. We will never, ever ask for sensitive information via email.
LEGITIMATE INTERESTS PURSUED BY TWEED IN THE VALLEY AND/OR ITS CLIENTS
To promote the product sold by Tweed in the Valley and marketing materials by Tweed in the Valley and services offered by Tweedinthevalley.com.
Through agreeing to this privacy notice you are consenting to Tweed in the Valley processing your personal data for the purposes outlined. You can withdraw consent at any time by emailing [email protected] or writing to us, see last section for full contact details.
Tweed In The Valley requires these parties to agree to process this information based on our instructions and requirements consistent with this Privacy Notice and GDPR.
Third Party Sites
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of advertisers, affiliates and other third parties. These links to not imply endorsement of these third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Tweed in the Valley do not broker or pass on information gained from your engagement with any agency without your consent. However, Tweed in the Valley may disclose your Personal Information to meet legal obligations, regulations or valid governmental request. The company may also enforce its Terms and Conditions, including investigating potential violations of its Terms and Conditions to detect, prevent or mitigate fraud or security or technical issues; or to protect against imminent harm to the rights, product, property or safety of Tweed in the Valley, its clients and/or the wider community.
Tweed in the Valley will process personal data during the duration of any order or marketing and promotions and will continue to store only the personal data needed for seven years after the purchase has expired to meet any legal obligations. After seven years any personal data not needed will be deleted unless the customer wishes to stay on the marketing and promotions listing. The customer will have the option to opt out of any marketing or promotions materials at any time by contacting the below company details or by e-mailing [email protected]
Data is held in Europe using different (multiple) servers. Tweed in the Valley does not store personal data outside the EEA
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
In the event that Tweed in the Valley refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why, which you have the right to legally challenge.
Tweed in the Valley at your request can confirm what information it holds about you and how it is processed.
YOU CAN REQUEST THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation (Tweed in the Valley) that has determined how and why to process your data.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Tweed in the Valley or a third party such as one of its clients, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (Data Protection Regulator).
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
TO ACCESS WHAT PERSONAL DATA IS HELD, IDENTIFICATION WILL BE REQUIRED
Tweed in the Valley will accept the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested: a copy of your national ID card, driving license, passport, birth certificate and a utility bill not older than three months. A minimum of one piece of photographic ID listed above and a supporting document is required. If Tweed in the Valley is dissatisfied with the quality, further information may be sought before personal data can be released.
All requests should be made to [email protected]tweedinthevalley.com or writing to us at the address further below.
In the event that you wish to make a compliant about how your personal data is being processed by Tweed in the Valley or its partners, you have the right to complain to Tweed in the Valley. If you do not get a response within 30 days you can complain to the Data Protection Regulator.
The details for each of these contacts are:
Tweed in the Valley
Telephone +353 8635 46997 or e-mail [email protected]tweedinthevalley.com
Data Protection Regulator:
Tweed in the Valley
Telephone +353 8635 46997 or e-mail [email protected]tweedinthevalley.com